Storage is at the heart of the modern virtualised datacentre and unlike servers, which do not differ significantly from vendor to vendor, there are major differences between storage platforms. It is therefore difficult to determine which is the most suitable platform for a given organisation, particular as every week there seems to be a new storage start-up offering something to challenge the established players.
Due to the tremendous growth in data within most organisations lowering storage TCO is becoming key, but at the same time increased performance, reliability and availability are required. The good news is that increased competition is driving costs down and value for money up.
VMware is also beginning to make a big move into software-defined storage solutions – with on-premise technologies like Virtual SAN, vSphere Replication and vSphere Data Protection, and hybrid-cloud solutions such as vCloud Air Disaster Recovery they are providing customers with even more options.
Our Independent Multi-vendor Storage Infrastructure Review provides you with an efficient way to gain a detailed understanding of the genuine strengths, weaknesses and suitability of many of the leading storage platforms including those from EMC, HDS, and NetApp, along with VMware’s software-defined solutions.
Topics covered by the review include:
- Storage – Hyper-converged, Flash, Efficiency, Block, NAS, Object
- Availability – DR, Continuous Operations, Non-disruptive Operations
- Data Protection – Backup and Recovery, Snapshots, Archiving
- Data Security – Encryption, Compliance, File Sync and Share
- Management – Automation, Monitoring and Reporting, Branch Offices
What you will receive:
- A summary of your Storage, Data Protection and DR infrastructure
- Insight into your storage infrastructure performance
- Solution options that are relevant to your requirements
- Solution budgetary costings if required
- An opportunity to have a follow-up presentation
The review will be undertaken by one of the SNS Tech Team’s experienced storage consultants and is free of charge. If you think this service could be of value to your organisation please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01932 593943.
- Comparing EMC, HDS and NetApp storage arrays – Part 1 (Block Features)
- Comparing EMC, HDS and NetApp storage arrays – Part 2 (NAS Features)
- What are the pros and cons of Software-Defined Storage?
- Storage Vendor Comparison Seminar now available
[17/09/14 – Added details on VMware’s software-defined storage solutions]